SPC Genetics and Genetic Tools for Selection with Randie Culbertson, PH.D.
Click on links to view webinars.
2021 - 2022 Archive
- January 2022 SPC Webinar: Dr. Randie Culbertson discusses an overview of genetics along with an explanation of what happens when collecting DNA and how producers can use the information they get.
- December 2022 SPC Webinar: Welcome to the SPC and Calf Intake Discussion with Chip Kemp.
- October 2022 SPC Webinar: Steer Profitability Contest Information Webinar.
2020 - 2021 Archive
- July 2021 SPC Webinar: SPC Results Overview.
- April 2021: SPC Webinar: Dr. Rachel Endecott discusses feedlot nutrition.
- March 2021 SPC Webinar: Dr. Sexten discusses feedlot economics.
- February 2021 SPC Webinar: Dr. Brian Vander Ley joins us this month to discuss feedlot health from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln Great Plains Veterinary Educational Center.
- January 2021 SPC Webinar: Animal Breeding 101, with Jackie Atkins, Ph.D.
- December 2020 SPC: Webinar: An overview of the feedlot and the genetic parameters. Chip Kemp discusses the incoming data from your calves. We will also be going over the Feeder Profit Calculator and looking at predictive measurements for your calves with Chip Kemp.
- May 2019 SPC Webinar: Join ASA's Lane Giess as he discusses the basics of carcass grading.
- April 2019 SPC Webinar: SPC Smorgasbord
- March 2019 SPC Webinar:Identifying, Managing, and Marketing of the Feedlot Calf
- February 2019 SPC Webinar: Selection Index Review and Feedlot Nutrition Overview
- January 2019 SPC Webinar: Drs. Wade Shafer and Jackie Atkins discuss animal breeding and genetics.
- December 2018 SPC Webinar: This month's webinar features an update about your calves, a discussion about their initial value as they arrived at the feedlot, and an overview of the Feeder Profit Calculator and how that tool can help predict your calves' value at the end of the feedlot phase.
- November 2018 SPC Webinar: DNA testing overview.
- September 2018 SPC Webinar: 2019 Steer Profitability Competition SPC Informational Webinar
- 2018 Steer Profitability Competition (SPC) Informational Webinars
- June 2018 SPC Webinar: SPC Overview and Wrap up with Chip Kemp
- May 2018 SPC Webinar: The process in the packing plant and the basics of quality and yield grading
- April 2018 SPC Webinar: The Profit Picture Understanding Feedlot and Carcass Data
- March 2018: Delivery to Harvest, Decisions, and Management with Trevor Tuell, Diamond V. Steer Profitability Competition Webinar.
- February 2018 SPC Webinar: Data Drive by the Numbers with Rachel Endecott PhD., American Simmental Association.
- January 2, 2018 Webinar: Drs. Jackie Atkins and Wade Shafer discuss Genetics and Animal Breeding.
- December 2017 SPC Webinar: Dr. Brandi Karisch, Assistant Extension/Research Professor at Mississippi State University, Department of Animal and Dairy Sciences, discusses Feeder Calf Health.
- November 2017 SPC Webinar: Overview and update from the feedlot facilities, University of Missouri Beef Research & Teaching Farm, Columbia, MO, DNA Testing, and National Classic and SPC integration announcement.